The purposes of the PCA Spirit Rock is:
- to have an interactive, visible means of communication for the school community
- to provide a source of fundraising for PEAK. The Spirit Rock is available to be painted by individual students, sponsored student groups, or parents/families of PCA students. Suggested paintings on the Spirit Rock include but are not limited to event announcements, words of support and congratulations, birthday messages, or creative endeavors. All paintings must be in good taste and convey a positive message.
- Individuals, school groups, parents/families may rent the Spirit Rock for personal messages for 24 hours for a $25 fee. The $25 reservation fee gives you access to the rock from 4 pm the day BEFORE your reservation until 4 pm the day of your reservation. (For example, if you reserve the rock for October 6th, you will have the rock from 4 pm on October 5th through 4 pm on October 6th.)
- Cash or check payments will be accepted at the front office of either campus, attention "PEAK." You can also pay using Venmo to @pcaPEAK (last 4 digits of phone 2248). If you are paying via Venmo, be sure you marked the reservation form accordingly, or contact the school so that your payment will be confirmed.
- Reservations MUST be made and confirmed to paint the rock! You will receive an email confirmation to confirm your reservation, once payment has been received and the message has been approved.
- To rent the Spirit Rock you must complete the online form and pay the $25 at the me the reservation is made. The form will ask for detailed information on the planned words and design of your painting and will require contact information.
- All individuals, groups, and organizations must supply their own paint.
- The Spirit Rock may only be painted, and all painting supplies must be removed when painting is complete. No individual, group, or organization is permitted to paint the sidewalk, lamp posts, grass or buildings surrounding the Spirit Rock. The individual, group, or organization will be held financially responsible for the cleaning costs associated with violation of this policy.
- Spirit Rock paintings must be in good taste. Keep in mind that what is painted on the Rock reflects on you and/or your organization. No offensive language or pictures will be tolerated.
- Paintings must be in accordance with the ideals set forth in the school’s Parent/Student Handbook. Students found in violation of these policies will be subject to discipline.
- The group or individual painting the Spirit Rock assumes liability for any individual or member of the group or organizaon who may be injured and/or for actions associated with the activity, and will hold PCA harmless from the same.
- The Spirit Rock is not a place to promote political messages, controversial social causes, or radical expression. If a painting is deemed offensive, it will immediately be removed and no refund will be given!
PCA administration will regularly monitor the Spirit Rock to ensure that postings fall within the above-established guidelines.
Tips for Painting
- The best paint to use is spray paint. You will probably need 4 or 5 cans for a good base coat. It will depend on the color you are using and the color that is already on the rock. Latex paint or paint that is rolled on will take longer to dry.
- To paint your design, we recommend acrylic craft paint and craft or foam brushes. They are available at Walmart or any craft store.
Take a pic of your finished rock and post with our hashtag: #PCAROCKS